The Harwich Festival has 2 projects that we are looking to develop and are requesting expressions of interest from Visual Artists. The first project is confirmed and the second is a project that we are exploring with a partner organisation for further development. Information on how to register interest is at the bottom of the email.
1. The Harwich Festival would like to run a digital 20cm x 20cm Open Exhibition and is seeking expressions of interest from artists who would like to help develop an instructional/promotional video – the video will show people how they can take part using items that are likely to be found around the house and provide some brief examples. This could be one or a series of short films. Due to the social distancing measures the artist will need to liaise with the HF regularly and have the capabilities of producing the film/films independently. The video(s) will be used to drive interest in the project, the results of which will be displayed in a digital gallery and physical exhibition once social distancing measures have been lifted.]
The 20cm x 20cm Open exhibition, is open to artists off all ages and experience. and has only one restriction – that the work is no bigger than 20cm x 20cm. The project has been running for 5 years during the annual festival and has regularly attracted around 400 – 500 entries – all of which are exhibited. The project is designed to remove barriers and encourage wider community participation.
2. Harwich Festival is exploring a project aimed at providing online interactive art sessions for young people who may be feeling isolated and lacking in confidence. The project would involve one 2 hour session via an interactive medium such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams and would be likely to be for a group of 3 – 4 people aged between 18 – 25. Participants would be referred. The session would be an introduction to art, and would again focus on something that could be achieved with materials that are likely to be found around the home as an example – basic sketching. The primary focus is to increase the users confidence and so would not need to be too advanced. The successful artists will need to have some knowledge of online interactive mediums such as Microsoft teams.
To submit your expression of interest please send a proposal on one sheet of A4 to email@example.com covering the following information
1. Which project you would like to express interest in
2. An outline of you past experience – particularly in relation to the above guidelines – eg teaching – technology
3. Basic costings including time spent on prep work
4. A short proposal indicating how you would deliver the task and what the activities would entail
5. Please feel free to provide any attachments or links to relevant work
The deadline for both submissions is Friday 15th May