Harwich Festival of the Arts – 24th June – 5th July 2015
Guidance Notes for Artists
Before submitting your artworks, please read carefully the following notes and make sure you complete all the relevant sections of the online submission form with accurate information.
Queries – please contact
Mel King – email@example.com or tel 01255 502563
Roger Hamer – firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 01255 507006
1. Artists are welcome to submit up to 4 pieces of work. Submitted images should be in jpg format, max 1mb.
2. Or send good quality photographic print/s. See submission form for address.
Submission opens 16th March 2015
The deadline for submission is 1st May 2015
3. The selection panel this year will be – Roger Hamer, Mel King, Daphne Sandham, Linda Adcock, Lavinia Hamer, Andy Howell and Bev Caleno
Artists will receive an email notifying them of the outcome of their submission
No later than 11th May 2014
4. Online submission is free of charge. However, artists whose submissions are successful will be asked to pay a £15 exhibition fee or £10 if they agree to invigilate the exhibition for at least a day.
5. Cash, or cheques made payable to Harwich Festival of the Arts, should be returned to –
Harwich Festival of the Arts
C/O Ovenden Book Keeping and Accounting Services
29 Station Road
Essex. CO12 3AL.
By 29thth May 2015
Payment of the exhibition fee will confirm your participation in the show
6. Transport of the art works will be at the artists own expense
7. Works to be delivered to –
The Old Bank Studios,
Kings Quay Street,
Harwich. CO12 3ER.
Between 11.00am and 5.00pm on Monday 22nd or Tuesday 23rd of June
8. Sales. Any sales during the exhibition will be subject to a 15% commission.
Cheques will be made out to the Harwich Festival of the Arts.
The Festival will then deduct the commission and remit the balance to the
individual artists after the show.
9. Removal of unsold works from the above address must be carried out between
11am and 5 pm on Monday the 6th of July and Tuesday the 7th of July 2015. Please Note: works cannot be stored at this address after the 7th July.
10. Harwich Festival of the Arts can accept no responsibility for loss or damage of work/s submitted. Every possible care will be taken, but artists submit work at there own risk, and may wish to insure their work/s individually against loss or damage, as the Festival makes no provision for this.
1. All wall-hung work should be tightly strung, using D rings or other strong fixings. Clip frames cannot be accepted.
2. Some plinths and stands will be available for 3D work, ceramics and multimedia displays.
3. If the work requires special display requirements, please supply written instructions with your submission
4. Work on canvas does not have to be framed.
5. There is no size restriction but the venues are smaller this year and it will be difficult to hang works of over 2m in any dimension.
Thanks from the Festival committee. We look forward to seeing your work in the Arts Quarter this summer.